There are many video production tools on the market, but Roland GO:LIVECAST Live Streaming Studio is one of the best. It’s easy to use and can be used by both professionals and amateurs alike. This review will cover all aspects of this software, from installation to editing videos for maximum quality results. If you’re looking for a great video creation tool that won’t break your bank or take up too much space on your computer, then look no further than Roland GO:LIVECAST Live Streaming Studio!
AudioVisual Pursuits is reader supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Our Roland GO:LIVECAST Review
Do you want to start a live streaming show?
The Roland GO:LIVECAST is the perfect solution for anyone who wants to broadcast their content on social media. It’s affordable, easy-to-use, and designed with your needs in mind. You don’t need any other equipment or software because it comes with everything you need to get started.
With GO:LIVECAST, you can create professional broadcasts without expensive equipment or complicated setups. You can use this device anywhere—from your living room couch to the stage at a concert hall—and make sure all your viewers see what they should be seeing every time! If you want high-quality video and audio recordings that are simple enough for anyone to produce then GO:LIVECAST is the product for you!
What Is The Roland GO:LIVECAST?
GO:LIVECAST gives you the opportunity to produce and stream professional broadcasts with simplicity. GO:LIVECAST is perfect for any live media production, as well as video blogging services or even something as simple as streaming a birthday party celebration from your phone.
Their state-of-the-art broadcasting system is the easy way to let viewers see your face along with actions, reactions, and sound.
There is no need to break the bank or scramble through equipment when you can easily broadcast professional-quality live content with their GOLIVECAST. This hardware/app combo is a fully-featured streaming studio that lets you mix sound, display titles, play media, trigger sound effects, and more--without needing a computer or costly dedicated A/V gear. With just the GO:LIVECAST hardware, companion app (which streams to popular platforms such as Facebook Live), and smartphone—you have all the tools you need to present engaging live web shows that will rival those on TV!
Features Of The Roland GO:LIVECAST
- Compatible devices: iOS 13 or later: [iPhone 7 or later, iPad Mini (5th gen. ), iPad Air (3rd), iPad (7th), iPad Pro (3rd)]; Android devices: ver. 9. 0 or later [Samsung Galaxy S8 or later, Feel2, A20, A30, Note 8 or later; Huawei Mate 10 Pro, 20 Pro, P30 lite, P30 lite Premium; Sony Xperia 1 and 8; Sharp Aquos R3, sense3, Android One S7]
- A complete pre-production studio for webcasting with a smartphone or tablet
- Compatible with Twitch, Facebook Live, YouTube, and other major streaming platforms
- An integrated system combining a compact desktop hardware interface with an interactive app
- Control smartphone cameras, connect professional mics, trigger media, and adjust levels as you stream or record with intuitive, hands-on controls
- Large, customizable media libraries for onscreen titles, music, videos, photos, and sound effects
- Three microphone input options for great vocal sound: Onboard microphone with reverb effect, XLR input with phantom power and combo jack plus ability to use the microphone on your headphones
- Line input for connecting a musical instrument, mixer, or another external audio device
- Add a second smartphone camera via wi-fi and switch camera views with the hardware or app
- Purchase includes: GO: LIVECAST, USB-A, USB-lightning, USB-C, quick start guide
- Hardware & app combo
- Audio & video mixer
- Switch two cameras
- Switch multiple audio inputs
- Add stings, titles, and other media
Review Of The Roland GO:LIVECAST’s Pros And Cons
- Video and audio is of high quality
- Great for social media broadcasting
- Fits in a small bag or backpack, making it easy to transport anywhere you go. Â Works with Android and iOS devices. Â If your camera has an HDMI out port, simply use the included cable to connect your smartphone directly to GO:LIVECAST’s input.
- You can record your videos to an SD card or USB device, then upload them to the internet when you get home. Â If you don’t want a permanent recording of what happened, simply delete it from the system in moments after it has been uploaded and shared with all your viewers!
- Requires a device with an HDMI out port to record
- Requires a smartphone or tablet in order to broadcast the event. Â A PC can’t be used unless it is connected directly through USB, which limits your options for using this device
- Requires wi-fi connection between devices when streaming content from another mobile device or computer that has internet access.
“I was reluctant to buy this, even though it is a great price. Â I’m happy that I did because not only does the system work perfectly for what we need it to do, but Roland has outdone themselves with their customer support! The first unit had an issue and they sent us a new one immediately. – Jan B. (Portland ME.)
The streaming quality is awesome, the app works great on my phone. Â I can stream to Facebook Live or YouTube at HD quality with no problem!” – Allison M. (Chicago IL.)
“I’m not a professional by any means but this has been super easy for me to learn! Â The first time it took some getting used to because they have you doing all of the social media posts in their app, but after I got used to it my shows are becoming more professional by the day!” – Benjamin J. (Houston TX.)
Frequently Asked Questions About The Roland GO:LIVECAST
Q: Does this unit stream to YouTube Live?
A: Yes! The GO:LIVECAST works with all major platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and now YouTube. Â You can even upload the videos you create directly from your smartphone or tablet using the app that is included!
Q: How many mics can I use with this device?
A: The GO:LIVECAST uses the XLR input jack to connect a professional microphone of your choice. Â You may also plugin and switch between two smartphone microphones using the included cable, or even use both at once for stereo audio!
Q: Will this device record what it is broadcasting?
A: Yes! The GO:LIVECAST can be connected directly to any external USB hard drive or flash drive, which you may use as the primary recording source without using an SD card. Â It will also work with microSD cards that are 32GB or smaller in size. Â If you have a smartphone or tablet that is compatible, simply use the app to upload your videos when you get home!
Conclusion Of Our Roland GO:LIVECAST Review
Making your live broadcasts look professional is hard. Streaming with a phone alone doesn’t cut it, and you need an expensive computer set up to do it right.
However, We have found the solution for you! Roland GO:LIVECAST is a revolutionary new way to stream live content that looks professional without costing thousands of dollars or requiring a dedicated studio space. With just the GO:LIVECAST hardware, companion app, and your smartphone, you have all the tools you need to present engaging live web shows that will rival those produced by major broadcasting companies.
Now anyone can broadcast their own show from anywhere in high definition video quality without needing any other equipment or training on how to use complicated production software. This means more people are able to reach more people than ever before at no cost – which allows everyone from musicians promoting their music online, bloggers building audiences around their passions, and businesses growing awareness of what they offer into becoming broadcasters themselves instead of relying on others.
We hope you enjoyed this in-depth review of the Roland GO:LIVECAST hardware and a companion app that revolutionizes how people broadcast online today! This is one device that every blogger, musician, or church should be interested in owning for themselves to help them take their online presence to new levels.
Thank you for reading our Roland GO:LIVECAST Review!